Corporate Social Responsibility
ACC is a strong advocate of corporate social responsibility and has engaged in several pro bono projects for the welfare of civic society.
- The company prepared the detailed design of the Behbud Organization Industrial and traditional Crafts Training facility at Saidpur for disadvantaged women. Key staff is supporting Behbud and its 5,000 home-based women craftsmen all over Pakistan. Capacity building, institutional governance and management support is provided on a voluntary basis for the income generation activities of Behbud such as schools, health facilities, vocational institutes, outlet shops and cafes.
- The National Girl Guides Training Center and National Headquarters in Islamabad.
- Begum Farrukh Hussain Child and Maternity Hospital, Dispensary, Primary School and Training Complex at Lahore.
- Mosques and Mosque school complexes in F/7, Chattar, and Rawal Dam.
- Diabetic Center in Islamabad. The Kulsum Diabetic Center is a free social welfare service engaged in education, awareness and training in managing the disease. The center provides free screening and medicines for diabetic patients from Islamabad and surrounding rural areas.
- Serving on the board of trustees of Al-Shifa Eye Trust hospitals – the largest chain of specialist eye hospitals located in six cities across Pakistan.